Thursday, November 18, 2010

Inconsistency

I love being a contradiction. I love that everyone is a contradiction. What fun would a person be with a forever-constant personality?

In the west, being contradictory does not sit well with us. We need to be a certain way and be that way all the time. I need to be strong and confident and individualistic all the time; never can there be a time when I am the opposite of those. But, of course, I am those things and their opposite. 


Here are some examples of contradictions within ourselves that we all possess:

  • I make precise observations, and I act with abandon.
  • I like to have clear plans, and I like to forget my plans.
  • I am predictable, and I am unpredictable.
  • I love structure and clarity, and I love flexibility.
  • I like to study myself, and I like to forget myself.
  • I am strong, and I am flexible.
  • I don't take anything personally, and I take everything personally.
  • I see my work as sacred and mundane.
  • I am organized and disciplined, and I am creative and innovative.
  • I am strong and decisive, and I am vulnerable.
  • I am young, and I am old.
 - from Accomplishing More by Doing Less by Lesser

 I feel like it need not be mentioned anymore that sometimes the photos I put with my posts have nothing to do with the content.
 
(via fashiongonerogue)

1 comment:

Josh said...

Heh, we both know how much I hate the contradictions within myself...I have a lot of respect for your ability to celebrate the differing opinions within yourself!