In the west, being contradictory does not sit well with us. We need to be a certain way and be that way all the time. I need to be strong and confident and individualistic all the time; never can there be a time when I am the opposite of those. But, of course, I am those things and their opposite.
Here are some examples of contradictions within ourselves that we all possess:
- I make precise observations, and I act with abandon.
- I like to have clear plans, and I like to forget my plans.
- I am predictable, and I am unpredictable.
- I love structure and clarity, and I love flexibility.
- I like to study myself, and I like to forget myself.
- I am strong, and I am flexible.
- I don't take anything personally, and I take everything personally.
- I see my work as sacred and mundane.
- I am organized and disciplined, and I am creative and innovative.
- I am strong and decisive, and I am vulnerable.
- I am young, and I am old.
I feel like it need not be mentioned anymore that sometimes the photos I put with my posts have nothing to do with the content.