Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hollywood diva personified

This was published in Vogue Italia in 2008, titled Stardust. It was photographed by Steven Meisel and modeled by Viktoriya Sasonkina. Click to enlarge.


Shoooessss! Yes, please.




"Siiiigh, signing autographs is so boring."



Hello beautiful dress, would you be so kind to drape yourself on me like this?

Masculine-feminine dichotomy personified. Beautiful styling here plus a fantastic pose and face. "So I might look a little like a man; what's it to you?"

"I am dead tired from the constant 13 hour days. In fact, I think I might literally be dead."



Photoshopped, of course, but what a beautiful cheekbone, no?

"I know I'm gorgeous. I don't need you to tell me."

Smoking is bad. It will give you lung cancer. But can you look gorgeous while smoking? Hollywood says yes.

"Think 'wax doll, wax doll, wax doll.'"


The magnificence of this editorial is the range of the model's face and posing, Meisel's photography, the styling, and the story. As always, the best spreads must have all four in order to be successful. If you want to be bored with an editorial, check out the Vogue US November issue featuring, once again, Anne Hathaway. How predictable for Anne to be in fabulous gowns and attending parties...doesn't she do that as part of her job? They should've put her in all black and in a dumpster or something.

(all images via fashiongonerogue.com)

No comments: